Sunday 20 February 2011

Performance textiles, modern materials, technical textiles, yadda yadda yadda

Well I have begun to climb this mountain of the range that is the A-level syllabus and they seemed to get it. The very basic beginning parts that is, like why sportwear manufacturers use synthetics, revision of terms like 'wicking' etc but my GOD there is so much more to go before I reach the peak.

I got as far as some basic performance textiles and will be trying to tackle some more up to date innovations after half term, I have given them a huge amount of reading to do over the half term and a list of websites to look at (but what is the use in this if they dont know what they are looking for? they MUST do the reading and hopefully understanding, first)

Then its medical textiles, then geotextiles, then interactive texiles and QTC, then I want to kill myself, then I cheer up because its my last year of this ridiculous AS syllabus and nearly the end of the A2 one! then its onto all the revision. Oh and finishing the projects, filling in the ever present and never fully complete CRF and waving them all off to foundation courses where they pride themselves in 'undoing' all the stuff they think they know about design from A-level.

But they climbed the matterhorn just because it was there right?

I'm going out, I may be away some time...................

No comments:

Post a Comment