Tuesday 2 November 2010

Furoshiki - Instant products, no sewing machine required

Yesterday I was lucky enough to attend a demonstration/workshop about the Japanese art of fabric wrapping yesterday and I have been inspired to bring this into the classroom.

The students who also attended LOVED the bags that you can make and it would be a great starter for any year group, or it could be developed into a nice KS3 project looking at Japanese design.

http://furoshiki.com/

Its also a great way to look at sustainability and recycling.
I think they were also doing it is lush stores recently as an eco alternative to gift wrapping.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post on TES about this and was interested so I looked it up - the fabrics see, quiete expensive - or have I got that wrong?

    ReplyDelete