Wednesday 10 November 2010

The big switch over!!

After years of deliberating and not quite being the right place at the right time, I am very happy to be finally preparing for the big switch over from A-level Textiles Technology to A level Fashion and Textiles. It may seem like a subtle difference but the course content for Fashion in Textiles is totally suited to what I think Textiles education should be all about. I would probably like a little more content on fibres, technical fabric constructions etc ( I will probably find a way to shoe horn this in somewhere) but no more industrial production and manufacturing!! no more role of the health and safety officer! no more memorising BS standard numbers!!!!
After visiting the inspirational Textiles teachers at Esher College and finding that they feel the same way and so have been running their course with huge success for about five years, I cant wait to get started. Hopefully we can replicate this my dept.
Better get my pencil sharpened for the big switch over to actually DRAWING, alongside all the cutting and stitching of course. Yipeeeeeeeeeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment