Thursday 10 March 2011

Lotus flower cloth in Burma and the Fur/Faux debate on Radio 4

Something to keep sixth formers (and anybody else) up to date with cutting edge issues in textiles.

New wonder-fibre from Burma made from the stems of lotus flowers

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/e7445238-45e5-11e0-acd8-00144feab49a.html#axzz1Fu1JV2xL


Could fur be produced sustainably? is it time to look again at the impact of the fur industry? Great radio 4 docmentary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z5hrn/Costing_the_Earth_Fur_or_Faux/

4 comments:

  1. i love that you keep posting such useful stuff.... we could so run the A'level much better if it was left to us - what do you think?

    Thank you again - have sent this to my students to watch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I would love to at least write the exam paper! and if they want to pay us a fat consultancy fee on the textbook then I am up for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the exam paper needs to be written by someone much younger.............than it is currently - someone in touch with the real students of today. I have been asked for my notes by the examiners but I am not handing over 200,000+ words for nothing, besides as I said to her how do I know its right? since they give us no guidance.

    ReplyDelete